HomeStart Spelthorne vacancies
FAMILY SUPPORT CO-ORDINATOR – 18 hours per week over three days (negotiable)
FAMILY SUPPORT CO-ORDINATOR – 28 hours per week over four days (negotiable)
Salary: NJC scale point 12 (£21,589 + Inner fringe £874 - pro rata)
Home-Start Spelthorne is a voluntary organisation which supports families with children under 12 using trained volunteers to provide the support they need to give their children the best start in life. Because childhood can’t wait.
We are looking for two Family Support Co-ordinators to join our small friendly team based in Staines to deliver our family intervention programme. Reporting to the Family Support Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for training and supervising a team of volunteers and will have a caseload of families. The role may also include facilitating parenting groups.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a good standard of education and IT skills
- parenting experience and an understanding of the needs of children and families
- a good understanding of the importance of safeguarding and confidentiality
- the ability to work on their own initiative in a challenging environment
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people on both a 1-1 basis and in group settings
- use of your own car (expenses will be paid)
- availability to work occasional evenings/weekends
- relevant professional training and experience of delivering training would be an advantage
The successful candidates will receive a full induction and ongoing training.
If you are interested in applying for this role an application form, job description and person specification can be obtained by contacting Home-Start Spelthorne on tel no. 01784 463200 or by email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th January 2020
Interviews are planned to be held on Tuesday 28th January 2020
Home-Start Spelthorne is committed to safer recruitment practice as an important part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults.
Home-Start Spelthorne is committed to equality of opportunity and diversity.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service